- Bookings are now being taken for the 2022 UK Bronze event - details HERE
Benefits of Membership
Come and Join Us
Membership gives access to many ringing events and learning opportunities.
○ You will make lasting friendships with people from all over the UK (and the rest of World) who also love the sound of handbells.
○ For those who have never had the opportunity to play an instrument, it gives unrivalled access to making music.
○ You will meet talented and knowledgeable people who will be able to help you make the most of your ringing experience.
○ You will have a sense of belonging to a group of like-minded people and be able to help preserve part of our heritage.
Specifically, through two copies of the national magazine ‘Reverberations’ published each year, and Regional newsletters (number varies between regions) with local news and events you will have access to:
- Regional and local concerts, rallies, workshops and seminars offering opportunities to see and try the different styles and techniques of ringing. (If open to non-members, Members receive preferential rates to attend these).
- Advice on the various makes and types of instruments in use; opportunities to play and hear the wide variety of music available and to learn new ringing techniques and skills.
- The annual National Rally, usually held in the Spring. It is an opportunity for members to meet ringers from all over the country and perform in both formal and informal concerts, exchange ideas, share information and learn more about the art of tune ringing.
- Advice about accessories, music, starting and organising a team, and all aspects of tune ringing.
- 'Members only' section of the website.
- Discounted prices for music and goods ordered through HRGB Sales at a Members rate.
- Opportunity to join one or more of the Regional Bell Orchestras (see Events)
- Online bookings and attendance of online 'Webinars' and similar events.
- The National Residential Ringing Week and UK Bronze (for more experienced ringers)
- The opportunity to attend the International Handbell Symposium.
- Acess to the Society’s published pieces of music, information leaflets and booklets.
- The ‘Crescendo’ award scheme encourages younger ringers to develop their knowledge and skills with Certificates and Badges.
- The William Hartley Memorial Fund, formed in memory of the founder Chairman of the Society, may be able to assist Member teams wishing to purchase or refurbish handbells by providing interest free financial loans.
- Possible loan of equipment in the form of various sets of bells, handchimes or Belleplates.
- The Vaughan Evans Memorial Fund which gives financial assistance to young ringers wishing to attend National Events.
- Public liability insurance at all events organised through HRGB.
- Use of an HRGB Membership card.
- Entitlement to wear the gilt membership badge.
UK flags in evidence at the Vancouver International Symposium