Press and Media
Information for Press and Media
We frequently receive calls from radio and television researchers looking for a handbell team to appear on a programme – often at short notice. The National Secretary holds a directory of all the registered teams in the UK.
● When booking a handbell team to appear on radio or television, please remember that most ringers are amateur musicians and may not be available for performances during the day due to work commitments.
● We appreciate that the media often responds to events and therefore timelines are short; however it can be difficult to engage a group of ringers at very short notice, although every effort will be made.
● If a large group is required, the more notice the better, and an evening or weekend performance time is more likely to be successful.
● Any fees or expenses are negotiable directly with the team.
● It may not be appreciated that a group of handbell ringers will take up a large amount of space, using special tables in a particular formation. Even three ringers will need elbow room!
● If you are interested in booking a team, please contact the National Secretary, (or the appropriate Regional Secretary) and they will make every effort to locate a suitable group of ringers in the area.
STOP PRESS: HRGB will be hosting the 22nd International Handbell Symposium in 2026. The event will run from 4th – 8th August 2026 at The Sage International Conference Centre, NewcastleGateshead Quays. More details on our dedicated page www.handbells.org.uk/symposium26
Handbells on Television below - 'Lets Do Christmas' Alan and Gay Cooper Teaching Gino to Ring; Sandra Winter on Channel 5 with Jason Donovan; St Lawrence Chobham on the Chris Evans Show